A business school or business school is an academic institution that provides higher education or postgraduate training. This training is exclusively related to the business sector and the economy.
Business schools are those institutions in which a student receives training related to the management and creation of businesses and the economy in general.
These training centers design different programs focused on their students specializing in a certain area, such as, for example, marketing. These programs can be taught both in person and online, depending on the options offered by the school itself.
The main advantages of studying a degree at a business school are the following:
- They are highly specialized institutions in the field of business, so the training will be very specific, moving away from those issues that do not add value.
- The teaching staff is usually aware of the students to give a more personalized training.
- Business schools often have interesting job boards. In fact, one of the main characteristics that differentiates one business school from another is the job market it has. That is to say, in which companies the students who study there usually work.
What do you learn in a business school?
Training degrees are taught in business schools such as university degrees or postgraduate degrees (master’s degrees) specialized in a more specific area than the degree.
The main branches on which a student can be trained in a business school are:
- Marketing: Also known as marketing, it is the set of initiatives aimed at creating and communicating the value of a brand.
- Accounting: It is the part of the finances of a company that records all the economic movements of the same, both income and expenses.
- Entrepreneurship: It is the action of detecting a present or future need in the market and starting a business activity to cover it.
- Projects management: When a project is underway, it is very important to manage it correctly in order to achieve success.
- Business Administration: Companies are made up of people with different personal circumstances and who find themselves in an environment of constant change. For this reason, it is important to manage changes correctly and know how to adapt well to each one of them.
- Economy: The economy is very important in the world of business and business since it is the environment that directly affects them.
These are some of the most important branches that can be learned in a business school. Each school will have different programs with specialized training in each of these areas, and even some more.
Difference Between Business School and University
The difference between a business school and a university lies mainly in the degree of specialization. Universities can provide training in many different subjects while business schools are focused on business and economics.
This specialization allows business schools to have more specific and probably more practical training, something highly demanded in the labor market. We do not want to tell you that one thing is better than the other. You should bear in mind that, depending on the profile of each student and their goals, it will be better for them to study at one institution or another.
business school examples
Here are some examples of business schools in Spain, Mexico, Argentina and Colombia:
- IE Business School.
- ESADE Business School.
- Business School (EDEM).
- EGADE business school.
- UDEM business school.
- ITMA Graduate School.
- UADE Business School.
- IDEA Business School.
- Faculty of Administration of the University of the Andes.
- EAFIT School of Administration.
In conclusion, a business school is a specialized educational institution in which students can be trained in subjects related to business administration and economics.