Have you ever wondered how a CRM can make life easier for your company? After reading this article, you will have no doubt that a CRM is, among other things, the perfect ally for your company.
You have probably ever heard these acronyms that we quote in the title of this article. However, there are so many concepts that we have incorporated from the Anglo-Saxon dictionary, that one can doubt between what a CRM, an ERP or an MRP is.
However, despite the confusion that so many acronyms can generate, we must know that we are talking about quite simple things. In the case of CRM, its name comes from the words that make up its acronym, which are “Customer Relationship Management ”. In Spanish, these acronyms mean “customer relationship management”.
In other words, we are talking about a tool that, in essence, allows us to interact with our clients, thus allowing us to take care of our clients and the relationships that bind us to them.
As we know, more and more customers, in this new digital and data era, seek that greater attention, or that personalized attention, for which a CRM is very useful.
What is a CRM for?
A CRM is a tool that implements a multitude of functions, which can facilitate your day-to-day life in the company.
Among these, we can highlight the following:
- It stores information about our clients, being able to include from their contact information to their hobbies, tastes, activities, as well as the contacts they have had with our company and our service or product.
- In the same way, it tracks all that information, constantly incorporating information that can help us.
- Just as it stores it, it manages it, so we can have it organized, being able to access it at any time with a simple process.
- Conversations with clients by email, with a CRM, can be classified automatically, being able to classify based on priority.
- Sales and income management, as well as others, can also be automated thanks to a CRM.
- Analyze the operation of our marketing campaigns, allowing you to see their performance.
- It allows us to create more efficient customer service systems. Well, a CRM also allows the resolution of complaints, claims and incidents; being able to solve them with this CRM.
- Concentrate all internal communication in one place.
These, as well as many other functions can be carried out with a CRM. Furthermore, technological evolution itself allows this relationship of possibilities to spread at a very accelerated rate.
In other words, today you can do infinite things with a CRM that you don’t even know, but that can make a difference compared to the competition.
Why do I need a CRM?
There are many reasons why we could hire a CRM.
Society evolves, evolving with it consumer trends, the way we interact, the care offered by the company, among many other aspects.
And it is that a CRM contemplates, precisely, all that evolution that we mentioned. In this sense, it offers numerous tools so that our company can adapt to this trend that I comment.
Those companies that use a CRM highlight 3 fundamental aspects that motivate them to continue working with it.
These are, first of all, a more satisfied and loyal clientele; a better communication channel, as well as better coordination thereof; and, thirdly, it substantially increases productivity by automating many tasks that previously made us spend a lot of time solving them.
Companies such as Uber, Wells Fargo or Activision use CRM, but we must point out that we are talking about a tool that is not only designed for large companies.
Types of CRM
Very briefly, it is convenient to know that if we want to have a CRM in our company, we have mainly two options from which we can choose.
On the one hand, we have the local CRM, which is a CRM hosted on a physical server in a company, with the company in charge of carrying out the maintenance, assuming the internal management of this new, but important department.
On the other hand, we can also have a CRM in the cloud. The main difference is that, in this second case, we are talking about an online CRM, that is, it is not installed on any internal computer equipment. For this reason, we will not have to have a new department either, since we do not assume that management.
Like everything, each one has its advantages and disadvantages. Although, be that as it may, there will always be more advantages if we hire one of any kind, than if we don’t.
Main CRMs in the market
Unsurprisingly, many companies offer CRM solutions, while the ones they do offer are very different.
Depending on what our company needs, we must choose one or the other. If we have a large company, for example, we can decide on an online CRM with a company like WolfCRM or Salesforce.
However, below is a list of some companies in which you can consult information and, if you dare, start it up in your company.
- Microsoft Dynamics.