Frequently asked questions for the annual declaration

Salaried individuals must present it during the month of April and, through this document, we are going to answer some of the most frequently asked questions about it.

What do I need to enter the portal of my annual declaration?

There are two ways to enter the SAT portal to make your annual declaration:

  1. Entering your RFC, which consists of 13 characters; and your password, which consists of 8 characters. Finally you must enter a captcha code.
  2. With your electronic signature (e.firma), which consists of two files (cer and key), and its password. It is important not to confuse the password of the electronic signature with that of the RFC because, although they may be the same, this is not always the case.

I am a salaried worker, do I have to make my annual declaration?

Yes, as long as you are in any of the following cases:

  • When, in addition to being a salaried employee, you obtain income from other tax regimes.
  • When you have communicated in writing to your employer that you wish to present it.
  • When you stop providing your services before December 31 or when services have been provided to two or more employers simultaneously.
  • When you obtain income from salaries from abroad or from people not required to make the withholdings established by law.
  • When they obtain gross annual salary income that exceeds $400,000.00.

Now, if you only received salary income, regardless of its amount, you had only one employer in the year and you do not have a balance due on your return, you can choose not to file it. For this it is necessary that your employer has correctly issued the payroll tax receipts.

See also  Bridge bench - What is it, definition and concept

You must also file your return if you had income in the year from retirement, pension, liquidation, some type of worker’s compensation, or you must report in the annual return on loans, donations and prizes obtained.

If I am an employee and I am not required to file the declaration, why should I file it?

The main reason for submitting it is to claim your credit balance. These are the most common reasons why you could have a credit balance on your annual return:

  • Withholdings greater than the annual tax. This happens very often to people who had a formal job but their employers did not withhold ISR for the entire year. For example, someone who worked from April 1 to December 31.
  • Application of personal deductions. Those salaried persons who had deductible expenses during the year of the declaration have the possibility of claiming a balance in their favor.

To do this, you must have the interbank CLABE number of your account.

What personal deductions can I apply in my annual declaration?

The annual declaration allows us to apply personal deductions that have a positive effect on our declaration. For example, if a person has a chargeable balance, he allows it to decrease; if a person has a credit balance, allow it to increase.

Some of the main expenses that you can apply in your annual declaration are these:

  • Those related to health. Medical, dental, psychological and nutritional fees, as well as hospital expenses. *
  • The following are also deductible: fees to nurses, clinical studies, purchase or rental of rehabilitation devices, prostheses or ophthalmic lenses. *
  • Medical expense insurance premiums.
  • Those related to education. Tuition payments for oneself, or for concubines, spouses, ascendants and descendants, from preschool to high school. *
  • The school transport of descendants is also deductible when this is mandatory. *
  • Funeral expenses paid for cohabitants, spouses, ascendants and descendants.
  • Donations delivered to institutions authorized by the SAT to receive them.
  • Payment of mortgage interest.
See also  Technical organization - What it is, definition and concept

To apply these deductions in the annual declaration, it is necessary to have an electronic invoice (CFDI).

* They must be paid with checks, electronic transfers, debit, credit or service cards.

How much time can pass between the submission of the annual return and the return of ISR?

Currently, the “automatic returns” system is made available to taxpayers and with this, in most cases, returns are made in a period of between 5 to 10 business days. However, in some cases the SAT may reject it for detecting inconsistencies, for which a “manual return” must be made, which has a resolution time of up to 40 business days.

Thanks to Taxdown, you will be able to make your return in a simple, secure and error-free way.

Also, for being an Economipedia user you have a 30% discount!

To access the discount use the code ECONOMIPEDIAMX accessing directly from this link.

Leave a Comment