Self-help is the help that one provides oneself to solve a problem or issue that requires attention. A person who opts for it, tries to know, investigate and use resources that he can put into practice in his daily life, with special emphasis on the emotional area.
Self-help is a concept that refers to helping oneself. It is widely used in the field of psychology, since it is very oriented to the emotional and mental aspect.
Self-help books are famous in which a series of guidelines and advice are given so that the people who read them can apply them in their daily lives. This is what it is about, researching, enhancing skills and obtaining resources to later implement them.
Of course, we must bear in mind that sometimes self-help alone does not work and requires external support. In certain situations that incapacitate, involve a vital risk or there is an unacceptable quality of life, it will be good to turn to a professional, for example, a psychologist.
How can we get resources related to self-help?
With the introduction of the Internet, a wide range of possibilities has been opened to access information and materials that were not so easily accessible before. This allows you to have many resources, in addition to having other options. These are the most outstanding:
- Videos on self-help practices.
- Websites related to the improvement of personal skills to face problems.
- Blogs oriented to this theme.
- Self-help courses.
- Online and face-to-face seminars where specialized speakers give keys to knowing oneself better.
- Podcasts oriented to personal development.
- Free conferences.
There is a wide variety of resources to be able to delve into this field and obtain information to implement it successfully with the aim of helping oneself.
How to put self-help into practice?
When an individual decides to investigate this topic, it is because they want to improve their life or solve problems that cause them discomfort. Keep in mind that, even if you have the necessary information, the time and motivation to put these techniques into practice will be decisive for optimal results.
To carry out self-help it is important to take into account the following:
- Investigate and learn resources that serve to put them into practice and are related to the issue to be resolved.
- Set realistic and measurable goals.
- Investigate reliable sources.
- Carry out actions aimed at achieving visible results.
- Mark a certain time to reach the desired goal.
- Carry out a self-assessment on a regular basis, since in this way it will be possible to know if this methodology is working.
A person has decided to take control of his life and improve the optimization of his time, since he cannot finish his tasks, combine his professional and personal life and is usually always overwhelmed by it.
For this, he has decided to look for resources that help him organize, improve his calendar of actions and optimize his time.
She decides to look for relevant information about it, signs up for free seminars on this subject, acquires some related books and begins to implement them to change her life in this aspect and feel much more fulfilled professionally and personally.